A safe, nurturing haven where our students can grow and excel.
As soon as you enter the building, you can sense this school is different. That’s because our dedicated team of skilled educators and seasoned specialists provide a caring and nurturing environment that kids respond to. Making students “ready to learn” is a key outgrowth of this safe haven.
Our students are encouraged to grow and excel academically, emotionally, and socially, as we take into account all aspects of their world – classroom, school and community. Every student is provided individual counseling weekly and crisis intervention as needed. It’s this combination of academics and social/emotional counseling that distinguishes Westbridge Academy from other schools.
In addition, we offer students and their families comprehensive psychological and health services, as well as speech services and academic tutoring when indicated.
For nearly 40 years, we’ve been working tirelessly to promote a seamless network of integrated support, partnering with the family and other agencies that are committed to the student’s well-being. The key is to find what’s limiting the student’s ability to learn and to help him/her regain feelings of hope and pride that stimulate the motivation to succeed. And that’s what we do best!
- Create a warm and supportive learning environment for every student
- Provide a wide range of educational resources to help students achieve academically
- Offer opportunities for students to succeed socially with peers and adults within a therapeutic school structure
- Promote each student’s self-confidence in both social and academic areas
- Help students learn to control their behavior and express emotions appropriately in various situations, so they can become independent adults
- Provide parents with support and guidance in meeting their child’s needs.